SENIOR HYDROTECHNICAL ENGINEER
Company: Ecora Engineering & Resource Group
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
WHO WE ARE
ECORA IS AN ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE CONSULTING COMPANY
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking to work in the Okanagan doing what you love at a dynamic and innovative consulting firm? We are looking for a Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer to join our team at our Kelowna location on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil or water resource engineering with at least 10 years related work experience and must be registered, or be eligible to register, as a professional engineer in BC. Some travel throughout British Columbia may be required in this role.
- Participate in undertaking dam safety reviews;
- Design of hydraulic structures;
- Hydrology and numerical flow modelling, floodplain assessments and mapping
- Manage multiple projects from proposal through conceptual design, detailed design and construction;
- Design of sedimentation/detention ponds, channel stabilization and erosion protection works; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or water resource engineering;
- Minimum 10 years related work experience;
- Registered, or be eligible to register, as a professional engineer in BC;
- Technical knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and calculations;
- Knowledge of standard computer hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software packages such as SWIMM, HYFRANS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HY-7, FLO-2D;
- Previous project management experience;
- Familiarity with environmental permitting, legislation and regulations including the Riparian Area Regulation and the Water Sustainability Act;
- Knowledge of drafting using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- A safety-oriented attitude with a strong work ethic and desire to excel and achieve;
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and have exceptional organization skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills along with exceptional time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with taking projects from proposal stage through conceptual design, detailed design, and construction;
- Knowledge of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code;
- Knowledge of Canadian Dam Safety Guidelines, Associated Technical Bulletins and the BC Dam Safety Regulations;
- Business development skills; and
- Familiarity with relevant EGBC Professional Practice Guidelines.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid annual vacation;
- Paid annual sick days;
- Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
- Group RRSP match program;
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues; and
- Free parking at our Kelowna office location.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.