Senior Civil Engineering Technologist
Company: Ecora Engineering & Resource Group
Location: Kelowna, Penticton, Surrey or Chilliwack, British Columbia
WHO WE ARE
ECORA IS AN ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE CONSULTING COMPANY
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking for a role doing what you love at a dynamic and innovative consulting firm? We are looking for a Senior Civil Engineering Technologist to join our team at our Kelowna, Penticton, Surrey or Chilliwack location on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of a diploma in Civil Technology with at least 15 years related work experience and must be certified, or be eligible to certify, with ASTTBC.
- Prepare civil engineering designs;
- Project management including contractor liaison;
- Prepare construction documents;
- Perform construction field reviews; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in civil engineering or related field;
- Certified with ASTTBC or eligible for certification;
- Strong knowledge of standard computer design software packages such as AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Experienced in construction Field Review requirements to ensure substantial compliance with design and adherence to applicable local bylaws and provincial regulations;
- Thorough understanding of Project Management, PMP certification desirable;
- A safety-oriented attitude with a strong work ethic and desire to excel and achieve;
- Extensive experience in the design of municipal infrastructure including water, wastewater, stormwater and urban roads, for municipal capital works projects and land development;
- Familiar with the use of MMCD and local government & provincial standards and bylaws;
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and have exceptional organization skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills along with exceptional time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with surveying, topographic and construction layout;
- Experience with materials testing; ans
- Working experience in computer modeling of storm water, wastewater and water systems.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid annual vacation;
- Paid annual sick days;
- Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
- Group RRSP match program;
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development; and
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.