SENIOR RESOURCE ANALYST
Company: Ecora Engineering & Resource Group
Location: Multiple Office Locations, British Columbia
WHO WE ARE
ECORA IS AN ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE CONSULTING COMPANY
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking to live and work in the Okanagan or Northern BC while doing what you love at a dynamic and innovative consulting firm? We are looking for a Senior Resource Analyst to join our team in our Kelowna or Prince George locations on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of related experience, a post-secondary education in Environmental Science, Biology, Forestry, or related natural resource discipline, and professional Forester accreditation (or eligibility).
- Provide forestry business knowledge and technical analysis that offers cost effective, innovative, and meaningful solutions;
- Translate complex analysis results into practical knowledge that supports informed decision-making;
- Support the delivery of strategic planning and landbase analysis projects;
- Apply scientific, technical, and professional skills to support project teams in areas such as, but not limited to, ecosystem analysis, wildfire management, silviculture and forest planning, environmental and forest enhancement, forest carbon accounting, timberland valuation, and urban forestry;
- Produce clear written and verbal communications to document project inputs and explain project results; and
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Environmental Science, Biology, Forestry or related natural resource discipline;
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Registered Professional Forester in British Columbia;
- Minimum five years related experience;
- Demonstrated forest estate/timber supply modelling proficiency;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to deliver complex material to varied audiences;
- Strong data management and analysis skills, including data manipulation skills using databases, geodatabases, and scripting languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R);
- Experience with common forest management, and growth and yield software (e.g., TIPSY, VDYP, FVS, FPS);
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines, and have exceptional organization skills;
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A safety-oriented attitude with a strong work ethic and desire to excel and achieve; and
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Forestland valuation experience;
- Experience working with forest carbon offset protocols and/or forest carbon inventory standards;
- Background setting up and managing IT infrastructure to support natural resource data management and analysis;
- Familiarity with US and other international forest management approaches and analysis tools;
- Willingness to take a leadership role on the team, mentoring junior team members and eventually leading work in specific lines of business; and
- Knowledge of Patchworks or Woodstock (RSPS) forest estate modeling tools.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid annual vacation;
- Paid annual sick days;
- Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
- Group RRSP match program;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues;
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle;
- Free parking at our Kelowna office location.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.