INTERMEDIATE CIVIL TECHNOLOGIST
Company: Ecora Engineering & Resource Group
Location: Surrey, British Columbia or Chilliwack, British Columbia
WHO WE ARE
ECORA IS AN ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE CONSULTING COMPANY
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking to live and work in the Lower Mainland while doing what you love at a dynamic and Innovative consulting firm? We are looking for an Intermediate Civil Technologist to join our team at our Surrey or Chilliwack location on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have completed a diploma in Civil Engineering Technology with at least 5 years work experience in civil engineering or a related field and certified with ASTTBC or eligible for certification
- Civil engineering design and coordination;
- Preparation of construction documents and construction field reviews to ensure substantial compliance with design and adherence to applicable local bylaws and provincial regulations;
- Act as contractor liaison;
- Design of municipal infrastructure including water, wastewater, stormwater and urban roads, for municipal capital works projects and land development.
- Completed diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civil engineering or related field;
- Certified with ASTTBC or eligible for certification;
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and have exceptional organization skills;
- Strong knowledge of standard computer design software packages such as AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Experienced in construction Field Review requirements to ensure substantial compliance with design and adherence to applicable local bylaws and provincial regulations;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem-solving skills;
- A safety-oriented attitude with a strong work ethic and desire to excel and achieve;
- Experience in the design of municipal infrastructure including water, wastewater, stormwater and urban roads, for municipal capital works projects and land development;
- Familiar with the use of MMCD and local government & provincial standards and bylaws
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with surveying, topographic and construction layout;
- Experience with materials testing;
- Working experience in computer modeling of storm water, wastewater and water systems.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid annual vacation;
- Paid annual sick days;
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution;
- comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
- Group RRSP match program;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle;
- Free parking at both our Surrey and Chilliwack office locations.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.