Intermediate/ Senior Geotechnical Engineer
If you want to challenge the world at a local level for future generations you will find a rewarding career with lots of room for growth and advancement at Ecora.
WHO WE ARE
Ecora is an incredible team of industry-leading engineers, environmental scientists, and resource professionals. We work together to deliver a unique compliment of efficient and effective services and solutions to our valued clients.
Ecora is built on the foundation of our core values:
- People: The Ecora team is truly the heart of our company
- Environment: We have an unwavering commitment to the environment
- Relationships: Building healthy relationships is essential to the success of our business and community
- Community: We are committed to the development of strong and vibrant communities for the betterment of future generations
If you share our values and want to have an impact on the environment and indigenous communities you are invited to join the most valued and preferred engineering and natural resources consulting firm as an Intermediate/ Senior Geotechnical Engineer.
This full-time position is available based in Kamloops, BC. Travel throughout Western Canada (BC, YK, AB) may be required. Base pay depends on job-related skills, knowledge and experience, and the role is eligible for a discretionary bonus, in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Live our value and commitment to People, Environment, Relationships, and Community.
- Detailed design analysis, investigation and reporting.
- Project management and delivery of all stages of geotechnical engineering projects including proposal preparation, concept design, preliminary design, detailed design and construction review.
- Manage multiple geotechnical projects concurrently.
- Project management including planning, reporting, and schedule and budget management.
- Liaise and communicate with clients.
- Mentor junior team members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil or geological engineering.
- At least 5 years related work experience.
- Experience with taking projects from proposal stage through conceptual design, detailed design, and construction.
- Experience preparing design drawings and specifications.
- Previous experience with industry standard Geotechnical software such as gINT, CPeT-IT, L-Pile, GROUP, Settle 3D, Dips, Slide, SHAKE, etc.
- Must be registered, or be eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in BC.
- Previous project management experience.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic with the desire to excel and achieve.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) with a clean driving record.
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and have exceptional organization skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- A safety-oriented attitude with a strong work ethic and desire to excel and achieve.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Finite Element or Finite Difference modelling experience.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code, BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Standard Specifications and Technical Bulletins.
- Knowledge of Canadian Dam Safety Guidelines, Associated Technical Bulletins and the BC Dam Safety Regulations.
- Business Development skills.
- Familiarity with relevant EGBC Professional Practice Guidelines.
PERC's OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Work for one of the fastest growing and most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada
- Competitive salary.
- Paid annual vacation.
- Paid annual sick days.
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution.
- Ability to participate in our comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
- Ability to participate in our RRSP match program.
- Many opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.