Company: Ecora Engineering & Resource Group
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
WHO WE ARE
ECORA IS AN ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE CONSULTING COMPANY
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking to live and work in the Okanagan Valley while doing what you love at a dynamic and innovative consulting firm? Due to a growing workload in dam engineering, floodplain assessments and design of flood protection works, we are looking for a Hydrotechnical Engineer to join our team at our Kelowna location on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in civil or water resource engineering with at least 5 years related work experience. Travel throughout British Columbia may be required in this position.
- Participate in dam safety reviews, dam rehabilitation projects, hydrologic analysis, numerical flow modelling, floodplain assessments and mapping and design of hydraulic structures, sedimentation/detention ponds, channel stabilization and erosion protection works;
- Participate in design of hydraulic structures, hydrology, flow modeling, drainage management, flood protection, power and energy studies, dam safety reviews and assessments;
- Collaborate with and learn from other engineering disciplines on project teams; and
- Carry out site investigations and monitor projects in construction.
- A Bachelor’s degree in civil or water resource engineering;
- At least 5 years of related work experience;
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia;
- Knowledge of standard computer hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software packages such as HYFRANS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HY-8, FLO-2D, SWIMM, RAMMS
- Previous project management experience and the ability to manage multiple projects;
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and have exceptional organization skills;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) with a clean driving record;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Familiarity with environmental permitting, legislation and regulations including the Riparian Area Regulation and the Water Sustainability Act;
- Experience with taking projects from proposal stage through conceptual design, detailed design, and construction;
- Knowledge of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code;
- Knowledge of Canadian Dam Safety Guidelines, Associated Technical Bulletins and the BC Dam Safety Regulations;
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Hydraulic Engineering Circular guidelines;
- Experience in client liaison and relationship building; and
- Business development skills.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid annual vacation;
- Paid annual sick days;
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution;
- Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
- Group RRSP match program;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues;
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle; and
- Free parking at our Kelowna office location.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.