SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER
Company: Ecora Engineering & Resource Group
Location: Kelowna, Penticton, Surrey or Chilliwack, British Columbia
WHO WE ARE
ECORA IS AN ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE CONSULTING COMPANY
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking for a role doing what you love at a dynamic and innovative consulting firm? We are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team at our Kelowna, Penticton, Surrey or Chilliwack location on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of a BASc degree in civil engineering with at least 15 years related work experience and must be registered, or be eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer in BC. Some travel throughout British Columbia may be required in this position.
- Prepare engineering design, studies and reports for municipal infrastructure for capital improvement and land development projects;
- Project management including client liaison;
- Contract administration;
- Team leadership and mentorship of junior members of the Team; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A Civil Engineering degree from a recognized university;
- At least 15 years of relevant, Canadian experience;
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia;
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and have exceptional organization skills;
- Proven success leading teams of engineers and technologists;
- Ability to design all municipal civil infrastructure, including but not limited to roads, water, wastewater, stormwater and site grading;
- Strong technical writing skills for reports and proposals;
- Excellent Project Management skills, preference give to those with PMP certification;
- Superior Contract Administration skills, preference give to those with MMCD CCA certification;
- Strong work ethic with the desire to excel and achieve success for the firm, the client and the team;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) with a clean driving record;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills along with exceptional time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of computer software packages for roads, water, wastewater and stormwater systems;
- Experience preparing stormwater management plans (ISMPs), master drainage plans (MDP), site stormwater management plans, and watershed plans;
- Experience with water & wastewater treatment processes, piping systems, and pumping systems; and
- Familiarity with environmental permitting, legislation and regulations.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid annual vacation;
- Paid annual sick days;
- Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
- Group RRSP match program;
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development; and
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.