INTERMEDIATE CIVIL ENGINEER
Company: Ecora Engineering & Resource Group
Location: Surrey, British Columbia or Chilliwack, British Columbia
WHO WE ARE
ECORA IS AN ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE CONSULTING COMPANY
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking to live and work in the Lower Mainland while doing what you love at a dynamic and Innovative consulting firm? We are looking for a Intermediate Civil Engineer to join our team at our Surrey or Chilliwack location on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have BASc degree in civil engineering with at least 5 years related work experience is required and must be registered, or be eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer in BC.
- Provide expertise on the design of residential subdivisions;
- Provide design and contract administration for municipal infrastructure improvement projects primarily with a focus on water infrastructure;
- Provide expertise on land development;
- Prepare engineering studies, memos, reports, proposals, drawings and other engineering documents;
- Manage Engineering projects and liaise with and manage client relationships;
- Work closely with engineers, designers, inspectors, and drafting and support team members;
- Mentor junior team members.
- A Civil Engineering degree from a recognized university;
- At least 5 years of relevant, Canadian experience;
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia;
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) with a clean driving record, access to a vehicle;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Knowledge of standard computer design software packages such as AutoCAD;
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills are critical, along with exceptional time management and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge and experience in municipal infrastructure improvement projects;
- Knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and calculations;
- Knowledge of standard computer hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software packages such as EPANET, Water CAD and SWMM;
- Experience preparing stormwater management plans (ISMPs), master drainage plans (MDP), site stormwater management plans, and watershed plans;
- Experience with water & wastewater treatment processes, piping systems, and pumping systems;
- Familiarity with environmental permitting, legislation and regulations;
- Strong technical writing skills for design reports and proposals;
- Project management experience to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are met;
- Marketing and developing clients to grow the business.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada
- Competitive salary.
- Paid annual vacation.
- Paid annual sick days.
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution.
- Ability to participate in our comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage.
- Ability to participate in our RRSP match program.
- Varied opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle.
- EIT training program and mentorship.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.