Geotechnical Design Engineer
Company:Ecora Engineering & Resource Group
Location:Kelowna, British Columbia
WHO WE ARE
ECORA IS AN ENGINEERING, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCE CONSULTING COMPANY
We are committed to delivering quality services to our valued clients. Our incredible team of engineers, environmental scientists and resource professionals work together to provide clients with a synergistic offering of services unique to the industry. We are built on the foundation of our core values: commitment to our people, our relationships, our community and our environment. For more information about Ecora, please visit our website https://ecora.ca/.
Looking to live and work in the Okanagan while doing what you love at a dynamic and Innovative consulting firm? Due to a strong forward workload in the transportation, energy and infrastructure sectors, Ecora is seeking a Geotechnical Design Engineer to join our team at our Kelowna location on a permanent full-time basis. Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in civil or geological engineering with at least 7 years related work experience is required.
- Geotechnical characterization, structural and geological mapping of bedrock;
- Embankment design, preload design, soil and rock slope stability modelling;
- MSE and soil nail wall design, shoring design, pile analysis and design;
- Site response analysis;
- Preparing design drawings and specifications;
- Liquefaction triggering and seismic displacement analysis;
- Travel throughout Western Canada may be required in this position; and
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or geological engineering with at least 7 years related work experience;
- Registered, or be eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer in BC;
- Solid grounding in practical site investigation and construction experience;
- Proficient in preparing technical memos and geotechnical reports;
- Project Management experience – taking projects from proposal stage through conceptual design, detailed design and construction;
- Experience preparing design drawings and specifications;
- Previous experience with industry standard Geotechnical software such as gINT, CPeT-IT, L-Pile, GROUP, Settle 3D, Dips, Slide, SHAKE, etc.;
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and have exceptional organization and time management skills;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) with a clean driving record;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision or collaboratively as part of a team.
NICE TO HAVES
- Plaxis or FLAC experience;
- Knowledge of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code, BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Standard Specifications and Technical Bulletins;
- Knowledge of Canadian Dam Safety Guidelines, Associated Technical Bulletins and the BC Dam Safety Regulations;
- Business development skills; and
- Familiarity with relevant EGBC Professional Practice Guidelines.
REWARDS OF WORKING AT ECORA
- Working for one of the fastest growing firms in Canada and one of the most exciting engineering and natural resource consulting firms in Canada;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid annual vacation;
- Paid annual sick days;
- Ability to earn a bonus based on company success and employee contribution;
- Comprehensive group benefits including extended health and dental coverage;
- Group RRSP match program;
- Opportunities for professional growth and development;
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues;
- Live and work in a progressive city that offers an exceptional, affordable lifestyle; and
- Free parking at our Kelowna office location.
Ecora is an equal opportunity employer and stays true to its mission by ensuring it leads with its values. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our mission, Ecora strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels inspired and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We encourage, support, and celebrate the diverse voices of our team members.
How to Apply: https://ecora.breezy.hr/
Ecora thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.